Plane Spotting Gift
‘What the heck is a plane spotting gift?’ we hear you ask*
Let us enlighten you – Plane spotting is a hobby where the hobbyist tracks the movement of aircraft, makes lots of notes and for the fully committed**, takes lots of photographs.
You might think this is a crap way of spending your time. You might be right.
Types of Plane Spotters***
- Record the registration number of every airplane they’ve ever spotted
- Photograph as many aircraft as possible, paying attention to the different types and liveries
- Record every airframe or type of livery from a particular airline
- Do some of all of the above three categories (overachievers)
- Just watch airplanes fly overhead without regard for any of the above.****
Rehabilitated train spotters
Air traffic controllers
Super competitive nerds
- Go outside
- Take a notepad, pencil and camera with you just in case the urge takes you
- Find somewhere you can get comfortable and see a lot of the sky
- Cast your eyes upwards and get ready to spot
- Whilst shouting ‘It’s a plane!’ might be considered entertaining by the simple minded, it won’t win you any new friends, may earn you a punch in the face, and does NOT count as a Plane you have Spotted.
- Congratulations! You have mastered the Gift of Plane Spotting
Bespoke your Plane Spotting Gift
Make a day out of it. Invite some friends. Probably don’t tell them the real reason for the excursion until you get there, then it’ll be too late for them to decline your invitation. Plan ahead, take a little notebook for everyone. Make it a competition, then it might not be really, really crap.
If you love this gift, then why not try one of our Safari Gift with a difference – everyone loves a Dodo